Cervivor is a global community of patient advocates who inspire and empower those affected by cervical cancer by educating and motivating them to use their voices for creating awareness to end stigma, influence decision and change, and end cervical cancer.
While everyone experiences cancer as an individual, we want to help survivors bring their collective wisdom together to create a community of advocates.
We know that everyone’s level of involvement will be different –
- Some of you will be advocates among your friends and family
- Others of you will extend out to your social networks and local communities
- And then there will be the handful of you, like Tamika, who will want to change the global impact of cervical cancer, thinking about women across the United States, as well as women in countries around the world.
No matter how much or to what extent you want to get involved, we believe that each of you – each woman, survivor, advocate – has value and purpose in our collective commitment to ensuring that others do not suffer or die from cervical cancer.
Here at Cervivor, we take a 3-pronged approach to education:
1 Cervivor School: A learning, connecting and surviving retreat where we come together in person. Here’s what you can expect if you attend one of our Cervivor Schools –
- You’ll gain a better understanding of HPV and how it created cancer inside of you.
- You will learn about impactful storytelling so you can share your journey in a meaningful way with others.
- We will connect with each other and become a community of sister survivors, committed to making a difference in this world.
- And then we will celebrate! We will celebrate the graduating inaugural class of Cervivors – advocates who are prepared to go back into the world fighting and winning this war against cancer!
2 CervivorTV: Since our founder, Tamika, is a TV producer and interviewer, it makes sense that we will bring lots of great information to you through video. You will hear interviews with exciting and interesting people, such as survivors, healthcare providers, leading researchers, advocacy group leaders, and policymakers.
- You’ll hear other women’s stories.
- You’ll get the latest news in HPV and cervical cancer prevention and treatment.
- You’ll hear how to have a steamy sex life after cancer or how to deal with the frustration of fertility issues.
Trust us – You will not want to miss one episode! Subscribe to CervivorTV on YouTube.
3 This website (Cervivor.org): As we grow, our website will feature survivor stories (including your story if you want!), tools for survivors to use to become advocates, and information on upcoming events. We will also be able to connect newly diagnosed women with survivors who can help them get through the hardest of days.
So what would we like from you?
Sign up for updates from us so you can be one of the first to see our great interviews, hear about special happenings, and learn about how to apply for Cervivor School (yes, there is an application! But don’t worry? It will be short and sweet.)
Subscribe today to CervivorTV, our YouTube channel. Just click on the YouTube icon above to get started.
And don’t forget to keep visiting us here at www.cervivor.org.
We are so glad you’re here!
Thanks for taking the time to become part of this wonderful new community.
Share our Manifesto!