During this National Cancer Survivors Month, Cervivor celebrates each and every one of you who has been impacted by a cancer diagnosis. This month, we come together as a community to celebrate your resilience, strength, and unwavering spirit despite the obstacles and challenges you’ve faced and may still be facing.
As cancer survivors, our journeys have been marked by countless moments of fear, uncertainty, and pain – one that has tested your physical, emotional, and mental limits. It’s no surprise that we rely on hope, determination, and community to uplift, support, and empower us all to continue our day-to-day lives. This community reminds us that there is always light even in the darkest of times.
Let this month be a reminder that cancer does not define you. It is a part of your story, but it does not diminish your worth or limit your potential because…
- Your stories both individually and as a collective, have ignited hope in the hearts of others facing their diagnosis and treatment of cancer, and your unwavering optimism has shown us that the human spirit is indomitable.
- This community has shown us what it means to truly live – to cherish every waking moment, to find joy in the simplest of things, and to appreciate the beauty of life.
- Your resilience has taught others to value their health, relationships, and the precious moments we often take for granted.
- We also recognize the impact each of you has on the future of cancer care, research, policy, treatments, health equity, and so much more.
- You have become a community of support, advocates, caregivers, and beacons of hope for those who are still fighting.
Let us continue to raise awareness, and promote early detection and vaccination to prevent cervical cancer and other HPV-related cancers. Keep shining your light, continue to inspire others, and know that you are never alone in this journey.
Happy National Cancer Survivors Month!
Are you sharing your story?
If you haven’t yet, add your story to our Cervivor Stories. Write a blog post about your experience, your advocacy, a milestone, or simply a memory or reflection, and send it to [email protected]. We can publish it, add it to the patient voice, and reach of our Cervivor blog.