Cervivor started as a grassroots organization in 2005 founded by Chief Visionary, Founder, and 22-year cervical cancer survivor, Tamika Felder. A vision that has blossomed with hard work, persistence, and a ton of volunteers to help carry out the mission.
Now, Cervivor is known as a global community that goes above and beyond to reach those affected by cervical cancer. The organization’s mission is to empower cervical cancer patients and survivors by educating and motivating them to use their voices for creating awareness to end stigma, influence decision and change with the ultimate goal of one day ending cervical cancer.
One reason Cervivor has been so successful in providing programming and support to its community is because of the generous donors and community members who fundraise on behalf of Cervivor. Funding and fundraising are critical components for a nonprofit to effectively operate, expand its reach, measure its impact, and work toward its mission. Without these resources, nonprofits may not be able to provide essential services, respond to emerging needs, and create meaningful change in their communities and beyond.
Each year, the fundraising committee and community members brainstorm new ideas to have fun, spread awareness, and raise funds for Cervivor and its programming and outreach efforts.
Outside our typical grants and sponsorships, in 2023 we have fundraised:
- Just under $9,000 from our Pap Rally & Run to End Cervical Cancer.
- Nearly $7,500 by partnering with Kendra Scott’s Give Back Program.
- Partnering with One Hope Wine’s Wine Club to receive 10% back on all wine club orders that choose Cervivor, Inc. as their charity of choice.
- By being creative in how we fundraise: collecting spare change in a piggy bank, partnering with local boutiques, breweries, schools, etc.
- Hosting donation drives through our Amazon Wishlist for our Comfort Care & Compassion Program.
- Plus increasing our monthly donors by simply asking for them to replace their $5 for a cup of coffee to go towards our mission instead.
There are so many simple ways you can show your support for Cervivor and every dollar matters!
We understand that everyone has a different comfort level and depending on your circumstances, not all of these options will make sense but if Cervivor has been meaningful to you, please consider supporting us today by creating your own fundraiser with our 2023 Fundraiser Toolkit. This toolkit covers a wide variety of options for all levels of fundraising.